Magic mushrooms

DSCN3361.JPG (452 KB)

DSCN3363.JPG (428 KB)

Was growing these for a while and decided to check on them. They are a little over grown but still in great shape.


| Send to Facebook | Send To Twitter
  • Leave A Comment

    Subscribe
    Notify of
    8 Comments
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments
    RSIxidor

    Where are the frogs that hop about them?

    Queensly

    Ok, then where is the caterpillar with the hookah?

    purple banana

    I’m no mycologist, but from the classes I’ve taken (and the shrooms I’ve eaten) those don’t look like any P. cubensis variety to me… Be very careful. VERY. Especially since they’re grown outdoors, it’s not a sterile medium, so it’s a chance another mushroom could have taken hold. Test for cyanotic bruising when dried- MOST mushrooms (not all!) which contain psilocybin will generally have a grey-blue bruising on the stalk and cap.

    Don’t die!

    natedog

    I’M SORRY BUT THE PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE

    DisplacedTexan

    do not eat those, unless by magic you infer poison…

    przxqgl

    they might be P. cyanescens but i can’t tell without physical examination. if they are, there will be blue bruising around the stem (where, presumably, you have picked it) and possibly around the edges of the cap, and they will have the characteristic mucus membrane over the top of the cap which will be obvious when you split apart the gills. if it doesn’t have both of these characteristics, DON’T eat them.