A question for MCS

probabilitybig.jpg (65 KB)


| Send to Facebook | Send To Twitter
  • Leave A Comment

    Subscribe
    Notify of
    13 Comments
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments
    anadin

    UUggghhnnnnnn

    Punk_in_Drublic

    75% ?

    figosound

    50 motherfucking %

    DaftFiddle

    No…right…answer….agh!

    Paul_Is_Drunk

    None. It’s a liar paradox.

    Madtoad

    It’s B.

    There are 4 answers, so you have a 25% chance of guessing correctly. But since 25% is the answer twice your actual odds of picking one of the two correct answers becomes 50%.

    HoChunk

    But then 25% isn’t the answer, is it?

    Rich

    e. none of the above; its 33%

    You have a 1 in 4 shot if they are all unique.
    There are 2 answers that are the same
    Therefore you have a 1 in 3 shot or 33% of randomly picking the correct answer.

    Dragyn

    No, because there are still 4 possibilities, it’s just 2 of them are the same. So you have a 2/4 shot of the correct answer as opposed to a 1/4 shot, ergo it’s a 50% chance you’ll choose the correct answer. Statistics isn’t your friend, I don’t believe.

    bobbaskins

    You have a 25% chance of guessing correctly if the answer is something other than 25%; and you have a 50% chance if the answer is 25%.

    Puulaahi

    100%

    Kev

    It can’t be 25% because there are 2 choices of 25% making the chance 50%
    It can’t be 50% because there is only one 50% making the chance 25%
    The actual chance of being correct is 0% therefore only correct answer is not to choose.

    Troik

    The only winning move, is not to play.
    (War Games)