Water Monkey


| Send to Facebook | Send To Twitter
  • Leave A Comment

    Notify of
    Inline Feedbacks
    View all comments

    Perhaps a distant relative of the elusive sea monkey…


    if this picture was taken with a higher shutter speed,or higher speed film for you dinosaurs out there,we would get the awesome effect of water crystals suspended in mid air.


    Ub glub glub glub?


    He likes taking it in the face


    1: I lol’d
    2: this reminds me of the time I tried to drink water out of the hose and had one of those high pressure things on it
    3: this reminds me of this chick in class that looks like a fish




    Gaexion, Shutter speed in a film camera would have more to do with catching detail in a moving image than the speed of the film (although the film is a factor as well). “Shutter speed” on these new-fangled digital cameras is just a term derived from the days of film cameras; it indicates how long the shutter is open and exposing the film to the image through the lens. The shorter amount of time the shutter is open, the faster the image is captured. If the shutter is open longer, then you get those pictures of busy highways with lights… Read more »

    tiki god

    Surely you’re aware that there IS a shutter in there, it’s just digital, right?

    That’s part of what makes it digital.


    While you all are hung up on the definition of a shutter I just have to mention that “water crystal” is just a fancy name for ice. What you would see here with a faster shutter is “water drops.”


    Right you are, Tiki, but not a shutter in the classical sense. Digital cameras may have a digital shutter but not a mechanical one.

    The shutter in an older camera looks kinda like a sliding shutter on a window; it has horizontal hinges that move it. Hence the term ‘shutter” or “shutter speed”.


    Damn you Jet, you beat me to it ¬_¬

    tiki god

    So what term do photographers use to describe the exposure to the digital camera’s sensor? “shutter speed” might have once referred to the opening and closing of a mechanical opening, but it’s just as descriptive of a digital sensor exposure rate as it is of a film exposure rate.


    I am not sure if there is a distinct term for the sensor.
    I agree with you that the shutter speed term is interchangeable between digital and mechanical.


    I have so many cameras and I know so little about them :p

    2 cell phone, one W-10 voice recorder, nikon 3200 coolpix, and I used to have a d-70.

    And I have a sony trv-140 camcorder


    “integration time”