March?

Home Forums Flaming March?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  notspamming 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

HoChunk

Really? Did the submission queue get down to the wire again, forcing another image dump to keep the hatch safe and the Island from exploding??

Suggestion: some sort of warning light; a gif at the top of the main page that flashes on & off, whenever the post queue gets down to a certain point. Like Star Trek alerts or something. Green would mean you have at least a couple weeks worth of posts. Yellow would be only a week; Red maybe a few days. One glance and folks would step up and start submitting.

‘Cause this kind of thing makes me want to take an extended vacation. Which I wasn’t planning on doing for another 500 posts or so.

And for fuck’s sakes, can you fix the background color on this here text field so I can see what I’m typing?!?

(but thank you also for fixing the Top 10 page and other tweakages –they have not gone unnoticed.)

Fatnhornee43

ponies, lots and ponies
    I think I few days worth should do the trick

tiki god
    Keymaster

didn’t realize that the text color was still a problem.  that’s all fucked up.

I agree with the posting thing, how about I change the queue to not be 100% whatever?  like, the submitted posts don’t go in the main queue, they go to their own queue?

notspamming

HoChunk: Green would mean you have at least a couple weeks worth of posts.

Couple of weeks ? I think that the waiting queue shouldn’t be longer than 10 days, two weeks tops. Sometimes you got couple of days waiting for tiki’s decision: “to post, or not to post”, so the sum of waiting time if enough.
    Green – o.k. (10+ days).
    Yellow – less than a week (6 days)
    Red – less than 3 days.

tiki god: didn’t realize that the text color was still a problem.  that’s all fucked up.

Do you realize that you still can’t assign stars, up\down vote comments in the white theme ?

HoChunk

Also, when you click on “quote”, a little window pops up that says, “Uh-oh! Something went wrong!” Then it smirks and give you the finger.

how about I change the queue to not be 100% whatever?  like, the submitted posts don’t go in the main queue, they go to their own queue?

Not sure how this would be different….so “approved” posts go to one queue like they do now, but “awaiting approval” posts go into a separate, pooled-together queue like the approved ones? Sounds fine to me, but maybe I’m missing something, as I don’t have MCS+ yet (yeah, I know…I’ll get to it.)

Another idea: instead of a a green-yellow-red alert system, have it be like a battery-life or wireless-reception gauge; each “bar” = a day’s worth of posts; various alerts activate when it gets down to 2 or 3 bars, etc.

tiki god
    Keymaster

HoChunk: Also, when you click on “quote”, a little window pops up that says, “Uh-oh! Something went wrong!” Then it smirks and give you the finger.

it’s because you didnt’ select any text to quote

notspamming: Do you realize that you still can’t assign stars, up\down vote comments in the white theme ?

never knew that was a problem, going to retire that theme soon anyways…

HoChunk: Not sure how this would be different….so “approved” posts go to one queue like they do now, but “awaiting approval” posts go into a separate, pooled-together queue like the approved ones? Sounds fine to me, but maybe I’m missing something, as I don’t have MCS+ yet (yeah, I know…I’ll get to it.)

well, the bar thing would be difficult to do I think, though I could likely figure it out, but it’s be like, all the shit I dump because of no posts get posted once an hour, and then the “user queue” would be posted an hour after the last “user queue” post was posted, regardless of what the “tiki dump” queue is doing. that’s possible and doable right now.

notspamming

tiki god: it’s because you didnt’ select any text to quote

Yeah, mcs got some “state of the art” semi-manual quoting feature, not lame-ass full automatic one. It’s been discussed before. To the death, and back.

tiki god: never knew that was a problem..…

Strange, I’ve mentioned it before, and IIRC on more than one occasion.

tiki god:going to retire that theme soon anyways…

Again ? Why ?
    Will you add some useful features from white theme, like the list of your last 5 coments ?

tiki god
    Keymaster

alright, added all this stuff to my to-do list. when it’s to-done, I’ll post something on the front page, but it may be a while :{

Fatnhornee43

so no ponies?

tiki god
    Keymaster

no ponies

HoChunk

Thanks, tiki.

And just to be a further pain in the ass: is the current submission queue getting looked at anytime soon, or is it being held up pending improvements?

Fatnhornee43

can I get the instant approval thing back?
    you know so you don’t have to waste your time approving them

tiki god
    Keymaster

Queue is backed up because i’ve been busy with work stuff, i should have some time to process tomorrow night…

Fatnhornee43

I wasn’t asking if there was backed up queue for the post I asked about getting my instant post approval back so that you don’t have to waste your time approving my post

tiki god
    Keymaster

oh sure, I could do that.

or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.