Leave a comment ?

17 Responses to Intel Prescott CPU heatsinks the size of small elephants

1. And I thought my cpu fan was big.

2. That will NEVER overheat. Maybe.

3. I have one of these [scythe-eu.com] in my current rig. It’s about the size of … erm … I dunno. I can’t think of an everyday item that sort of size 🙁

4. Curse your automatic hotlinking, Tiki!

5. @numb7rs: holy shit that is a nice piece of hardware. how much?

6. @ColombianMonkey: Naw, it’s been out a couple of years now. Was about £30 when I got it then, so is probably about $30 now. And I figured it’s a little larger than half a brick, and weighs about 0.8kg.

7. Oops. For some reason I read ‘is that a new’ instead of ‘that is a nice’. I really need to stop DPing.

8. source not sauce… unless that link has the giant CPU fan covered in chocolate (or other flavour) sauce.

9. Pshhh. I wish I could find an elephant that size. That would be a sweet pet.

10. I have 2 p4 3.2’s and I bought a Gigabyte G-Power pro cooler for it. It’s 92mm and you can use any fan on it, which is a plus.

I never OC’d but it kept it nice and cool, and the LED’s let me know when it’s running or not.

I still wouldn’t mind getting one to work but with the prices of dual cores at less then $100 I should sell them.

Advertisements Alcohol Animated Images Art Awesome Things Batman Cars Comic Books Computers Cosplay Cute As Hell Animals Dark Humor Donald Trump Fantasy - Science Fiction Fashion Food Forum Fodder Gaming Humor Interesting LOLcats Military Motorcycles Movie Posters Movies Music Nature NeSFW Politics Religion Sad :( Science! Sexy Space Sports Star Trek Star Wars Technology Television Vertical Wallpaper Wallpaper Weapons Women WTF X-Mas